Home » Crafty creatives, Fashion, Featured, Win

Fen and Co – win vintage nature jewellery

8 June 2016 16 Comments

Jewellery-maker Ria Wilson of Fen and Co creates necklaces, brooches and hair pins inspired by vintage nature postcard art. Read on to find out how you could win a piece to update your summer wardrobe.

Fen & Co vintage nature postcard jewellery

Tell us about your work…

I make wearable vintage art with a nature inspired twist. Each item is handmade from start to finish by de-constructing vintage and antique flora and fauna prints and reassembling them to create statement jewellery. Every little piece is lovingly created in my garden she-shed and carefully coated in a hard resin to give it a lovely glossy feel.

Fen & Co vintage nature postcard jewellery

Where do you show and sell your creations?

I love working in my garden she-shed, but meeting folk around the South East at craft and vintage fairs and events is one of the best parts of my job.  You get to see stunning locations from castles to outdoor museums and eat amazing home-made food!  I also exhibit my work at a variety of galleries, museums and gift shops across the country – from Scotland to Cornwall.

Fen & Co vintage nature postcard jewellery

What personal piece are you most proud of?

My Chaffinch two part brooch, which is made from a vintage postcard I bought at an antique market I used to visit in my lunch break when studying at college.  It was a bit of a trip down memory lane visiting the market after so many years – it hadn’t changed at all!  I also made the brooch the same year my little lady was born, so the mother bird feeding her babies feels particularly poignant.

Fen & Co vintage nature postcard jewellery

Do you collect anything?

I have a particular soft spot for Victorian valentines postcards.  I love the sweet notes in their beautifully written script. Antique chocolate box cards and anything tiny and beautifully made are also favourites.  I have a collection of handmade miniatures laid out at eye level in my shed so I can peer at them while working.  You always notice something new each time.

Vintage chocolate box cards

For your chance to win a piece of jewellery of your choice – up to the value of £25 – from the current Fen and Co collection, go exploring on www.fenandco.com and pop back to comment on this post, telling us which piece has taken your eye and why.

Dack Black 6a

The competition will close at midnight 10 July and a winner picked at random and contacted via the email address they use to leave the comment during the week commencing 11 July. Contact details will then be passed on to Fen and Co to fulfil the prize. One entry per person.

Start the conversation...

16 Comments »

• Catrin Dudfield said:

Massive fan of your work, since I saw it in Brighton. Especially anything dachshund 🙂
    Just beautiful x

• Lucy Fletcher said:

Wow what beautiful jewellery! I really love the Lotus flower and birds necklace.

• K Beer said:

All so beautiful. My favourite is the Butterfly ring., absolutely gorgeous.

• Sarah Maxfield said:

The Rose petal and pearl terrarium, time capsule necklace is absolutley stunning! Love it all though <3

• nicola alcock said:

I absolutely love the blue tit/birds necklace, so different and beautiful!

• Heather Reading said:

These are simply stunning, I’m a massive bird lover and have never seen anything like these before x

• Simon tutthill said:

Great jewellery,very stylish,the butterfly ring looks amazing

• Pauline Hill said:

absolutely gorgeous and beautifuly made

• LISA said:

Just enjoyed lookingat them all so much but I think the blue tits necklace is my favourite.

• Stephanie Lewis said:

Absolutely love the bird necklace, never seen anything like it before.

• Danielle Spencer said:

Gorgeous work by Fen and Co, the piece that caught my eye in particular and I would love to wear as a statement necklace was the stunning ‘Butterfly necklace, blue butterfly necklace’ Absolutely gorgeous!

• Cherry Edwards said:

Wow, how refreshing to see something so different and interesting too. I love lots of the pieces but my favourite is the Orchid necklace. I really like the birds and butterflies too, I’m so pleased I came across this site, thank you.

• Cheryl Edwards said:

What beautiful pieces. Just love the birds.x

• Sian said:

Beautiful jewellery. I’m torn, on the one hand the standout piece for me is the whale. But at the same time, I adore the fox brooch. Mainly because one of my sons has the name Fox and we have accumulated various fox inspired things for the home ??

• Jacquie said:

The terrarium jewellery is wonderful – especially love the moss and lichen rings and necklaces – gorgeous!

• Jessica said:

If it’s possible to participate in this competition as a German I would like to choose the Momma and baby birds brooch, because it’s too lovely!

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: